This is a test post so I can learn how to configure and properly write posts, and so I can see what they look like on the blog page. My content will improve as I get comfortable with the format and process of posting, but to whet your appetite, here is a concise autobiography:
I am an antitheist/hedonist/absurdist as a means to cope with an existential crisis resulting from my realization that determinism/probabilism are the most likely models for reality after accepting scientific positivism as the best method for obtaining truth because of my studies in physics and chemistry. I am also prone to grandiosity because of hyper-intelligence (is this recursive?).
Here are some links to clarify the above sentences; it is probably only necessary to read the first paragraph of each page:
Wikipedia is an exceptional site...
This blog will also contain commentary on the following topics when I feel like it:
- Heroes Of Newerth!
- Outdoor sports such as hiking, climbing, kayaking, surfing, and snowboarding!
- Ultimate Frisbee!
- Science fiction/fantasy (especially literature by Iain M. Banks)!
- Pretentiously refined and sophisticated opinions on music!
- Politics (if I get angry enough to care)!
- True urban adventure stories starring your hero, me!
- Random thoughts for public evaluation!
Please comment; I will almost certainly respond if you provoke me intelligently!